Saturday, March 27, 2010

Update from Donna-Santana's Mom

Donna was very busy yesterday, and instead of trying to tell you about it and missing a few facts, I am posting a an e-mail she sent yesterday;

"Hi everyone

Just wanted to give ya'll an update of what I have accomplished today.

After our meeting on Thursday night I was gung-ho do get going so I contacted HRM (490-4000) to see if indeed we were permitted to post signs of our clean up day(as per Paige's advice, she is city savvy). Unfortunately we are not permitted to do so. I was directed to CLEAN-UP NOVA SCOTIA. I arranged a meeting and registered us with them. They gave me a handout, garbage bags(20), disposable gloves , recycling bags(2) and 3 posters we can post at community centres ,stores etc with their permission of course. If you have an appropriate place in mind I will be dropping these off with Paige today.I amended the time to 9am to noon on the posters to give late risers an opportunity to join in.

I will need to fill out a questionnaire about stuff we collected, # of participants , number of bags collected etc

Here is a list of things you may want to bring on Sunday:
WORK GLOVES
2 GARBAGE BAGS
WATER JUG (CAN BE USED FOR CLEANING HANDS ETC)
SHOVEL/RAKE

I will also bring along a first aid kit and a wheel barrel, my husband, Dave is recouping from surgery and can man the wheel barrel and have a home base for extra supplies, water and first aid

Feel free to bring a friend or pass on our cleanup to your own family, friends and email contacts."

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chandler's Mom! Great idea for a blog! All it needs is more pictures of Chandler please!

    from Gary and Whitney's Mom

    ReplyDelete