Friday, April 16, 2010

Petition is Ready



Chandler is all excited! He is hoping for a new fence for him and his friends. The petitions are ready, and if you haven't already received one,please send Maddy's Mom an e-mail at paigec@eastlink.ca and she will forward you one. Simply print it off, and then go and collect names. We have a very aggressive target of 1000 names. This basically means if 50 people can collect 20 names each we have succeeded. As completed forms come into Maddy's Mom, I will post a side bar telling us how many names we have. So--all humans are potential signatories, co-workers, shop keepers,neighbors and ANYONE out with a dog ! Chandler and his friends are counting on you.

6 comments:

  1. Good job everyone! Let's get those names! LOVE the picture!! ;-)

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd like to sign it! My pups and I travel into the city specifically for that park!

    You could also set up one with http://www.thepetitionsite.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ang

    thanks for wanting to sign the petition but unforunately HRM doesnt reconize online petitions. plus not meny people want to put there address online as well. Im Paige Maddys Mom and I am at the park each morning as well as from 430 to 7 each day 7 days a week. Come find me and we will get you on the petition

    Paige

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd like to sign it as well. I used the site mentioned above to do a petition before and it worked really well. Reaching people electronically would be really fast and I imagine you'd get well over 1,000 signatures quite quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Susan Hubley HRM does accept on line petitions, HOWEVER ( this is the really silly part) all on line petitions MUST include civic address of the signatory as well as phone/e-mail. There is the conundrum..first off even if people were willing, most on line petition servers do not have an address field. Secondly, most people..me included have no desire to have my address published on the web. So it looks like its going to have to be done, the old fashioned way! stay tuned

    Paige (maddys Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know this is rather late, but I've only just discovered Seaview Park and have visited quite a few times with my dog.
    How did the petition fair out? I know that right now we have no fourth side, but were we successful in making it an issue to be considered?

    ReplyDelete